By Andy Merrills
Read or Download Roman Geographies of the Nile: From the Late Republic to the Early Empire PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
Sir E. A. Wallis Budge (1857-1934) was once Keeper of the British Museum’s division of oriental antiquities from 1894 till his retirement in 1924. undertaking many missions to Egypt looking for historic gadgets, Budge used to be highly winning in accumulating papyri, statues and different artefacts for the trustees of the British Museum: numbering into the hundreds of thousands and of serious cultural and old value.
Until eventually the new uprisings within the center East and North Africa, the resilience of authoritarian regimes appeared a primary function of local politics. whereas financial, political, and inner protection rules are usually thought of in discussions of regime upkeep, Laurie model introduces a brand new issue, that of nationwide narratives.
So much biographies describe a chronological line of occasions. This in general works good, yet for a guy like Sultan Mehmed II, the Conqueror, who spent his thirty-year reign in consistent battle, it creates an, albeit right, fragmented view of conflicts. an analogous enemies arise many times, at varied instances, yet we by no means get a accomplished examine Mehmed II's conflicts with every one of his many enemies.
An autobiographical account of 1 US Marine Reservists excursions as a Mortuary Affairs Marine. His tale starts in 2002 as a daily postal letter provider in Springfield, Ohio while he will get the decision to muster. within the subsequent 3 years, his existence is thrust onto the area level as an energetic player in strive against.
- The Make-Believe Space: Affective Geography in a Postwar Polity
- Conspiracy Theories in the Arab World: Sources and Politics
- Obstacle to Peace: The US Role in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- The Egyptian Economy, 1952-2000: Performance Policies and Issues (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Economies)
- Planning and Power in Iran: Ebtehaj and Economic Development under the Shah
- Soundtrack of the Revolution: The Politics of Music in Iran (Stanford Studies in Middle Eastern and Islamic Societies and Cultures)
Extra info for Roman Geographies of the Nile: From the Late Republic to the Early Empire
Roman Geographies of the Nile: From the Late Republic to the Early Empire by Andy Merrills