By Chris Friday
Read or Download Organizing Asian-American Labor: The Pacific Coast Canned-Salmon Industry, 1870-1942 (Asian American History & Cultu): Pacific Coast Canned Salmon Industry, 1870-1942 PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
Concentrating on the problems linked to migrating for paintings either in and from the Asian zone, this book sheds gentle at the debate over migration and trafficking. With contributions from a world workforce of famous students, the book units labour migration firmly in the context of globalization, delivering a concentrated, modern dialogue of what's definitely an important twenty-first century obstacle.
Flextime, telecommuting, compressed paintings week, task sharing, downshifting, and sizzling desking—these phrases are infiltrating our vocabulary at an expanding expense, conserving speed with switch within the office. even supposing there's a huge physique of literature at the altering nature of labor and office flexibility, there isn't any guide that synthesizes the learn on all features of this subject.
This edited assortment assembles state of the art comparative coverage learn on modern guidelines correct to gender and place of work matters. participants examine modern gender-related employment regulations starting from parental depart and maternity courses, sexual harassment, and work/life stability to gender mainstreaming.
Que signifie le travail aujourd'hui ? De quoi est fait le travail et remark se déroule-t-il au quotidien ? Pourquoi a-t-il une picture aussi complexe et confuse, puisque à l. a. fois nous rêvons tous d'avoir un travail, et si attainable un bon travail, et nous ne cessons de nous plaindre et de le décrier ?
- Dominant Divisions of Labor: Models of Production That Have Transformed the World of Work (Palgrave Pivot)
- Hidden Heads of Households: Child Labor in Urban Northeast Brazil (Teaching Culture: UTP Ethnographies for the Classroom)
- New Labor in New York: Precarious Workers and the Future of the Labor Movement
- Marx After Marx: History and Time in the Expansion of Capitalism
- Globalization, Migration and Social Transformation: Ireland in Europe and the World (Studies in Migration and Diaspora)
- Border Crossings: Mexican and Mexican-American Workers (Latin American Silhouettes)
Extra info for Organizing Asian-American Labor: The Pacific Coast Canned-Salmon Industry, 1870-1942 (Asian American History & Cultu): Pacific Coast Canned Salmon Industry, 1870-1942
Organizing Asian-American Labor: The Pacific Coast Canned-Salmon Industry, 1870-1942 (Asian American History & Cultu): Pacific Coast Canned Salmon Industry, 1870-1942 by Chris Friday