By Richard C. Kearney,Patrice M. Mareschal
Since booklet of the fourth version of Labor kinfolk within the Public Sector, public quarter unions have encountered powerful headwinds in lots of elements of the U.S. club is falling in a few jurisdictions, public opinion has shifted opposed to the unions, and political forces are leaning opposed to them. conserving the constitution that made the former variations so well known, this 5th variation encompasses a entire around of updates, quite sections on fresh tendencies in club figures, new laws, and new politics as they impact bargaining rights.
See What’s New within the 5th Edition:
- Up thus far exam and research of public area exertions family and collective bargaining
- Important alterations within the public hard work kin and unionization landscape
- Updated research of the monetary and human source results of collective bargaining within the public sector
- Collective bargaining associations and tactics in government
Completely up-to-date by way of the scholarly literature and proper occasions, the recent version identifies and explains the results of the recent collective bargaining atmosphere, together with monetary and human source administration concerns and results. As in prior versions, collective bargaining and exertions kin are addressed in any respect degrees of presidency, with comparisons to the personal and nonprofit sectors. Designed to be lecture room pleasant, it contains discussions of the newest literature and case reports in addition to end-of-chapter assignments and quizzes. sensible information and recommendation are provided for these engaged in collective bargaining and hard work relations.
Read Online or Download Labor Relations in the Public Sector, Fifth Edition (Public Administration and Public Policy) PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
Concentrating on the problems linked to migrating for paintings either in and from the Asian sector, this book sheds mild at the debate over migration and trafficking. With contributions from a world staff of recognized students, the book units labour migration firmly in the context of globalization, delivering a centred, modern dialogue of what's absolutely an enormous twenty-first century hindrance.
Flextime, telecommuting, compressed paintings week, task sharing, downshifting, and sizzling desking—these phrases are infiltrating our vocabulary at an expanding expense, retaining velocity with swap within the office. even if there's a huge physique of literature at the altering nature of labor and office flexibility, there is not any guide that synthesizes the learn on all facets of this subject.
This edited assortment assembles state-of-the-art comparative coverage study on modern guidelines suitable to gender and place of work matters. participants research modern gender-related employment guidelines starting from parental go away and maternity courses, sexual harassment, and work/life stability to gender mainstreaming.
Que signifie le travail aujourd'hui ? De quoi est fait le travail et remark se déroule-t-il au quotidien ? Pourquoi a-t-il une snapshot aussi complexe et confuse, puisque à los angeles fois nous rêvons tous d'avoir un travail, et si attainable un bon travail, et nous ne cessons de nous plaindre et de le décrier ?
- Women, Gender and Labour Migration: Historical and Cultural Perspectives (Routledge Research in Gender and History)
- Gurus, Hired Guns, and Warm Bodies: Itinerant Experts in a Knowledge Economy
- Social Services in the Workplace: Repositioning Occupational Social Work in the New Millennium (Monograph Published Simultaneously As Administration in Social Work, Volume 23, Numbers 3/4 2000)
- In from the Shadow (Directions in Development)
- The Negro in Federal Employment: The Quest for Equal Opportunity (Classics of the Social Sciences)
Additional resources for Labor Relations in the Public Sector, Fifth Edition (Public Administration and Public Policy)
Labor Relations in the Public Sector, Fifth Edition (Public Administration and Public Policy) by Richard C. Kearney,Patrice M. Mareschal