By Cell Press
Written via major phone biologists and curated via cellphone Press editors, experiences within the Cell Press experiences: middle suggestions in telephone Biology publication informs, conjures up, and connects cellphone biologists in any respect levels of their careers with well timed, entire perception into the latest fascinating advancements throughout mobile biology and sizzling issues inside of middle components of the sector including:
- Signaling mechanisms and membrane biology
- Cytoskeletal self-organization and cellphone polarity
- Organelle dynamics and biogenesis
- Morphogenesis and mobile motility
- Chromatin and genome association in nuclear functionality
Contributions come from prime voices in telephone biology, who're defining the way forward for their box, together with: - Tom Misteli, nationwide melanoma Institute - Galit Lahav, Harvard clinical institution - Scott D. Emr, Cornell college - David G. Drubin, collage of California, Berkeley - Tom Rapoport, Harvard clinical tuition - Anthony A. Hyman, Max Planck Institute of Molecular and telephone Biology, Dresden
This e-book is a part of the cellphone Press stories sequence, which gains studies released in Cell Press basic examine and Trends experiences journals.
- Provides well timed, finished insurance throughout a extensive diversity of telephone organic topics
- Offers foundational wisdom and professional insights to scholars and others new to the field
- Features experiences from leaders in phone biology study and dialogue of destiny instructions for the field
- Includes articles initially released in Cell, present Biology, Developmental Cell, and Trends in telephone Biology
Read or Download Cell Press Reviews: Core Concepts in Cell Biology (Cell Press Reviews Series) PDF
Similar developmental biology books
Initially released in 2005, this detailed source offers 27 easy-to-follow laboratory workouts to be used in pupil useful sessions in developmental biology. those experiments supply key insights into developmental questions, and plenty of of them are defined by way of the leaders within the box who conducted the unique study.
Is it attainable to give an explanation for and expect the advance of dwelling issues? what's improvement? Articulate solutions to those likely risk free questions are faraway from basic. up to now, no systematic, precise attempt has been made to build a unifying conception of improvement. This novel paintings bargains a special exploration of the principles of ontogeny through asking how the improvement of residing issues might be understood.
This complete quantity is the 1st to in particular aim constructing, grownup and diseased neural stem cells. It explores fresh advances within the figuring out of neural stem cellphone biology besides ideas that use those cells to take on neurological illnesses and mind getting older. Ten inclusive chapters speak about a variety of subject matters together with neurogenesis, neurodegeneration, demyelinating affliction, temper rules, and spinal twine regeneration, between others.
Animal versions for medicinal drugs Screening to regard habit, the newest quantity within the foreign assessment of Neurobiology sequence, presents a entire review of the state of the art examine at the subject. It studies the present wisdom and realizing within the box, offering a kick off point for researchers and practitioners coming into the sector.
- Advances in Genetics: 84
- Dyneins: Structure, Biology and Disease
- Readers of the Book of Life: Contextualizing Developmental Evolutionary Biology
- Extracellular Matrix Assembly and Structure (Biology of Extracellular Matrix)
Additional info for Cell Press Reviews: Core Concepts in Cell Biology (Cell Press Reviews Series)
Cell Press Reviews: Core Concepts in Cell Biology (Cell Press Reviews Series) by Cell Press