By Rory Miller
Read or Download Britain, Palestine and Empire: The Mandate Years PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
Sir E. A. Wallis Budge (1857-1934) was once Keeper of the British Museum’s division of oriental antiquities from 1894 till his retirement in 1924. undertaking many missions to Egypt looking for historical gadgets, Budge was once highly profitable in accumulating papyri, statues and different artefacts for the trustees of the British Museum: numbering into the hundreds of thousands and of significant cultural and historic importance.
Until eventually the new uprisings within the center East and North Africa, the resilience of authoritarian regimes appeared a primary function of local politics. whereas financial, political, and inner safety rules are usually thought of in discussions of regime upkeep, Laurie model introduces a brand new issue, that of nationwide narratives.
Such a lot biographies describe a chronological line of occasions. This in most cases works good, yet for a guy like Sultan Mehmed II, the Conqueror, who spent his thirty-year reign in consistent battle, it creates an, albeit right, fragmented view of conflicts. an identical enemies arise time and again, at diverse instances, yet we by no means get a accomplished examine Mehmed II's conflicts with every one of his many enemies.
An autobiographical account of 1 US Marine Reservists excursions as a Mortuary Affairs Marine. His tale starts off in 2002 as a daily postal letter provider in Springfield, Ohio while he will get the decision to muster. within the subsequent 3 years, his existence is thrust onto the area level as an energetic player in strive against.
- Troubled Triangle: The United States, Turkey, and Israel in the New Middle East
- Caught in the Middle East: U.S. Policy toward the Arab-Israeli Conflict, 1945-1961
- Policing Islam: The British Occupation of Egypt and the Anglo-Egyptian Struggle over Control of the Police, 1882-1914 (Contributions in Comparative Colonial Studies)
- The Political Economy of Iran under the Qajars: Society, Politics, Economics and Foreign Relations 1796-1936 (International Library of Iranian Studies)
- Iran: Between Tradition and Modernity (Global Encounters: Studies in Comparative Political Theory)
Additional resources for Britain, Palestine and Empire: The Mandate Years
Britain, Palestine and Empire: The Mandate Years by Rory Miller