By Michael Scott-Baumann
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and review standards of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- presents exam-style questions and suggestions for every suitable specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for quite a few classes including:
- OCR: the center East 1908-2011: Ottomans to Arab Spring
Read Online or Download Access to History: The Middle East 1908-2011 Second Edition PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
Sir E. A. Wallis Budge (1857-1934) used to be Keeper of the British Museum’s division of oriental antiquities from 1894 till his retirement in 1924. engaging in many missions to Egypt looking for old items, Budge used to be highly profitable in gathering papyri, statues and different artefacts for the trustees of the British Museum: numbering into the hundreds of thousands and of serious cultural and old value.
Till the new uprisings within the center East and North Africa, the resilience of authoritarian regimes appeared a basic function of nearby politics. whereas financial, political, and inner safeguard guidelines are customarily thought of in discussions of regime upkeep, Laurie model introduces a brand new issue, that of nationwide narratives.
So much biographies describe a chronological line of occasions. This in most cases works good, yet for a guy like Sultan Mehmed II, the Conqueror, who spent his thirty-year reign in consistent war, it creates an, albeit right, fragmented view of conflicts. a similar enemies arise repeatedly, at varied instances, yet we by no means get a finished examine Mehmed II's conflicts with every one of his many enemies.
An autobiographical account of 1 US Marine Reservists excursions as a Mortuary Affairs Marine. His tale starts off in 2002 as a daily postal letter service in Springfield, Ohio whilst he will get the decision to muster. within the subsequent 3 years, his lifestyles is thrust onto the realm degree as an lively player in wrestle.
- The Siege of Kut-al-Amara: At War in Mesopotamia, 1915-1916 (Twentieth-Century Battles)
- Palestine Investigated: The Criminal Investigation Department of the Palestine Police Force, 1920–1948
- Israel: the First Hundred Years: Volume I: Israel’s Transition from Community to State: 1 (Israeli History, Politics and Society)
- Persia in Crisis: Safavid Decline and the Fall of Isfahan (International Library of Iranian Studies)
Extra resources for Access to History: The Middle East 1908-2011 Second Edition
Access to History: The Middle East 1908-2011 Second Edition by Michael Scott-Baumann