By Nelson Lichtenstein
These incisive writings hyperlink the destiny of the hard work stream to the ameliorations within the form of global capitalism, to the increase of the civil rights stream, and to the activists and intellectuals who've performed such very important roles. Tracing vast styles of political concept, Lichtenstein bargains vital views at the courting of work and the kingdom, the tensions that usually exist among a tradition of rights and the assumption of unity, and the increase of conservatism in politics, legislations, and highbrow existence. the quantity closes with pics of 5 activist intellectuals whose paintings has been very important to the conflicts that have interaction the hard work move, public coverage, and political culture.
Read Online or Download A Contest of Ideas: Capital, Politics and Labor (Working Class in American History) PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
Concentrating on the problems linked to migrating for paintings either in and from the Asian zone, this book sheds gentle at the debate over migration and trafficking. With contributions from a world staff of recognized students, the book units labour migration firmly in the context of globalization, offering a centred, modern dialogue of what's absolutely a huge twenty-first century quandary.
Flextime, telecommuting, compressed paintings week, task sharing, downshifting, and sizzling desking—these phrases are infiltrating our vocabulary at an expanding price, retaining velocity with swap within the place of work. even supposing there's a huge physique of literature at the altering nature of labor and office flexibility, there is not any instruction manual that synthesizes the examine on all facets of this subject.
This edited assortment assembles state-of-the-art comparative coverage study on modern rules suitable to gender and office matters. individuals research modern gender-related employment rules starting from parental go away and maternity courses, sexual harassment, and work/life stability to gender mainstreaming.
Que signifie le travail aujourd'hui ? De quoi est fait le travail et remark se déroule-t-il au quotidien ? Pourquoi a-t-il une snapshot aussi complexe et confuse, puisque à los angeles fois nous rêvons tous d'avoir un travail, et si attainable un bon travail, et nous ne cessons de nous plaindre et de le décrier ?
- Dienstleistungen im Gesundheitssektor: Produktivität, Arbeit und Management (German Edition)
- Contemporary Apprenticeship: International Perspectives on an Evolving Model of Learning
- Working for Equality: The Narrative of Harry Hudson
- Voice and Involvement at Work: Experience with Non-Union Representation (Routledge Research in Employment Relations)
- Tomorrow We're All Going to the Harvest: Temporary Foreign Worker Programs and Neoliberal Political Economy (Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long Series in Latin American and L)
- Fighting for Total Person Unionism: Harold Gibbons, Ernest Calloway, and Working-Class Citizenship (Working Class in American History)
Additional info for A Contest of Ideas: Capital, Politics and Labor (Working Class in American History)
A Contest of Ideas: Capital, Politics and Labor (Working Class in American History) by Nelson Lichtenstein